Thursday, December 18, 2008

Expression Change Animation

video

A super hero kid finds out the gel he uses for his hair is sold out. In his anger he lights a fireball and burns his hand accidentaly.

Storyboard - Meat Eater

These are the first drawings we did for this project. It just tells the entire story in as few panels as possible. Once we got the thumbs up from the teacher we were able to go ahead with the project and tell our story.A colour study for my Storyboard. Gives an idea of how the story would look if it was turned into an actual film.
video
Final Leica Reel with sound effects and music.

Lifedrawingz

Saturday, December 6, 2008

We had to paint something relating to a world issue......and I know oil spills aren't really that big of an issue but around that time I saw the Spiderman 3 trailer and I really wanted to paint black oil-e stuff.

Very old stuff from grade 12 art class....

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Random Sketchbook Sketches




























Swamp Sketch

More stuff from first year....
I used led shavings and an eraser....and pencil to outline some edges -____- I have to stop outlining!

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Walk and Run Animationz

video

Walk and run cycles for characters we designed in character design class.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Subway Stop

Interior painting assignment.
Liked how it turned out...but i got carried away with outlining.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Final Painting....
Colour Studies...


Tonal Studies....
First painting assignment for 2nd Year Animation.
Got this idea of floating alien ships after watching the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Tried to do my own take of that same idea. Wasn't too happy with the colours I choose. I felt it didn't really convey the mood I wanted to show.

video

A first year animation assignment. We had to pick a character and animate a full 360 degree head rotation. I choose Stimpy from the Ren and Stimpy show. At the end we also had to lip sync the character with a voice over.


A bone study of some prehistoric animal.

We had to go to the ROM ( Royal Ontario Museum) to view and draw these bones. Then we had to hand in our drawings complete with what we thought the muscle structure would look like.

This was a side project my sister wanted me to do. It was a design for a T-Shirt that was going to be sold to fundraise for CAP (Children Adoption Program). In the end not many T-shirts could be made so this design was only used for CAP volunteers.
A first year assignment from character design class. We had to create a sequence using a character design we created. My sequence involves a bunny trying to fit himself into a magicians hat.



A night and day spacescape...
Character designs from first year...


Some layout stuff....
Got some reference from "the Art of the Incredibles" =O
Some hands and feet studies.....
Some bone studies......also from first year

Some first year work....